[Healeys] Just bought a BT7 for $10,000!

To: "'Healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Just bought a BT7 for $10,000!
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:30:19 -0500
Listers,
Speaking of cheap BT7s I could not resist.  I too have a BT7 now!!!!!  I
just picked it up from my buddy Karl last Thursday.  He had lost interest
and could not complete the restoration.  I found the car on Hemmings website
in May of 2001.  Karl and I went to southern Iowa near Burlington and he
bought the car for $500.  It was rusted in half.  We installed new main
frame rails and most of the rest of the car was salvageable, minus some
sheet metal and doglegs.  It has had all of the rust cut out and new panels
welded in.  When I bought it last week it now has the following: rebuilt
gauges, re-cored radiator, new tires, all new suspension, new brake
calipers, rebuilt motor, rebuilt gearbox, rebuilt overdrive, new windshield
and much more. It now needs the body panels hung on it and the bodywork
completed as well as new wiring harness and exhaust installed.  I figure
another $6-7000 in parts and it will be on the road again.   I will do the
body work myself and have my brother in law paint it for beer.  Needless to
say,...the wife was not happy with the acquisition.  I told her it was a
good investment.  I will post pics soon.  Some older pics of the car can be
seen at healeyarchaeology.blogspot.com.  The pics of the car are at the
start of the blog.

Randy

Healey-Archaeologist