[Healeys] Brake power boosters

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Brake power boosters
From: "John & Kerry Rowe" <jkrowe46@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:26:07 +1000
Listers
FWIW, I run the PBR units on both vehicles.
BN1 fitted with BT7 (Girling 14 calipers) front discs- standard master
cylinder use PBR Vh44 booster.This vehicle has 4 stud rear end with larger
rear brakes. I fitted a t-piece on the diff housing off a Mini Cooper which
has a built-in restrictor in place of the standard t-piece to reduce rear
wheel lockup. Works well
BT7 fitted with BJ8 (Girling 16 Calipers) front discs-Required BJ8 master
cylinder as standard BT7 M/c would not push enough fluid to fill the larger
calipers
The VH44 booster was not big enough in my opinion so I went to the larger VH40
unit which works better.A colleague uses a VH40EL which also works well
They are available in Australia for A$265-website is
Hydroboost.com.au

John Rowe
Qld Aust BN1-BT7