Re: [Healeys] FW: Common sense bailout plan

To: Dave Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Common sense bailout plan
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:14:42 -0400
> I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

Blind trust!!!  Just look at what has already gotten MANY Americans into
financial trouble already!  They would squander it away in the same way only in
larger $ chunks!!!

> And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5
> Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Here lies the basic falacy in the whole idea.  Uncle can borrow any amount he
wants.  Why stop at $85000000000??????  It is only going to run up our credit
card balance (read national debt).  Hell, we are already in the trillions, just
add a few more trillion.  Very very bad role model this proposal is for those
who are running up their own personal credit card debt - keep running it up and
never balance it off or reducre the principle.

And besides if the amount of money cited by the proposal were given to those on
welfare, what would happen to our welfare system????  It just might fold up and
blow away!  :)  :)  :)

Keith Pennell