Re: [Healeys] Computer - Anti-virus Software

To: "John Homonek" <jhomonek@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Computer - Anti-virus Software
From: "Jody Kerr" <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:05:22 -0700
Ok, I'l take off my Healey Hat and put on my Computer Hat.

In my daily role I serve as a Systems Architect for Wells Fargo. My
specialty is windows based systems (but I stil do mainframe and Java).

AVG is what I use on my home PCs, and is what I recommend for any
small to mid-level company. Their software has kept me virus free for
nearly a decade. It's good stuff. Now, I recommend the home license (I
believe it's 5 PCs total), but my wife's laptop still runs the free
version.

McAfee does strange things to your computer, Norton slows it to nearly
half it's capacity of full security mode. I loathe both of these
products. At work we use another product (I can't mention it). It's
about the same quality as AVGs full version in my consideration.

Security software is *extremely* important. Anyone not using it is an
idiot. But, for the home user worl I recommend AVG. It's a much
smaller footprint and works extremely well.

Jody