Re: [Healeys] OFF TOPIC -Computer - Anti-virus Software

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OFF TOPIC -Computer - Anti-virus Software
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:48:53 -0600
While I claim to NOT have "IT" 'sperience<G>, I DO claim to having had run
my business on the net for a tad more than 15 years, so my $2.00<G>!!

<<I have had one computer negatively affected by McAfee, and another
computer negatively affected by Norton Symantec.  Not irretrievably in
either case, in part because I have more experience with computers than the
average citizen wants to have, but quite irritating nonetheless.>>

MORE than 1 in EACH case, Richard.  "irritating" is NOT the "word",
IMHO (especially since I DO need my 'boxes'!).

Around 10 ears ago I got turned on to Computer Associates eTrust Suite
and have NEVER turned back not regretted it.  I have had ZERO 'box'
probs as most folks experience with McA or N.  ZERO.  NADA. ZILCH!!

About 4 or 5 years ago, CA (I am guessing) bought or bought licensing from
Zone Alarm (I had it on a 'box' so recognized it right away<G>) and it
is NOW part of the eTrust Suite.

The eTrust Suite has a VERY small footprint and does exactly what you PRAY
the 'free' stuff (you DO get what you pay for) is supposed to do.

In the interest of just being nosy and possibly save a few bucks annually,
I DID try a bunch of the freebies.  I ALSO HATED the mandatory sig
applied to every mail, and frankly just didn't trust it!!

So FWIW and FYI:

http://shop.ca.com/malware/internet_security_suite.aspx

$70 for 3 'boxes' is CHEAP to me!!  NO F.I., yada, yada, etc.!!

Ed
Cavet Emptor !!