Re: [Healeys] I say concours and you say concourse

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] I say concours and you say concourse
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 06:18:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/30/08 11:07:28 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> f you want to get REALLY picky, the Concours we are involved with these
> days
> is no longer a Concours d'Elegance, but a Concours d'Etat.

Peter is right,though Curt's point was with the spelling of the word
"concours." In any case, the fact that we go for originality instead of
elegance (no
long gowns as you would see at Concorso Italiano), is the reason why we call
the effort the "Austin-Healey Concours Registry" and don't mention elegance or
etat. (I thought when we started, that sounded too much like "coup d'etat" and
we'd never want one of those, would we?)

Cheers
gary

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
calculators.