Re: [Healeys] (no subject)

To: "Jody Kerr" <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>, "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:12:59 +1000
G'day

I am going out into the streets of Sydney at lunchtime and if I run into
a 250lb adult male Red Kangaroo that stands close to 9ft tall on its
hind legs I will probably give it a wide berth. I don't think I would
stop to pass the time of day with it, so I wouldn't know whether it's in
a good mood or not.

If however I were to run into Steve Pike at the Sydney Opera House or
any other place in Sydney I would suggest a pleasant lunch overlooking
the harbour, perhaps with a nice Chardonnay or two. After that Steve
would probably come back to my home for the night where we would discuss
all sorts of different things over more than a bottle of red.

There are 47 different varieties of kangaroo and some are cute and
cuddly and others are pleasant to look at from a distance. Cute and
cuddly or not I don't think I would like any kangaroo or wallaby staying
in my home.

There are probably more than 12 million kangaroos here and the meat is
virtually fat free and has a distinct gamey taste to it.

Actually saw two kangaroos this morning. I thought the one sleeping on
the side of the road was a bit strange. The other one was hopping across
a paddock as I went by in the train. I wasn't wearing my Babelfish so I
don't know how they were feeling either.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia