Re: [Healeys] Engine compartment in BN1s

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine compartment in BN1s
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:27:35 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/08 5:49:12 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> I don't have my guidelines handy; can anyone say for sure what color the
> engine compartment of a 100M (BN2) should be painted?  I believe it
> should be body color--in this case white--but I've seen several painted
> black.
>
> TIA,
> Bob

The engine compartments of most white Healeys, including BN1s, were white,
but there are instances of black engine compartments. If yours had evidence of
black paint in there, then paint it black; if there's no evidence of black, or
you're changing the color from something else and are down to metal, then
paint it all white. Totally correct and much easier.
Cheers
Gary