[Healeys] Fw: webers

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: webers
From: "John Rowe" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:55:16 +0800
 Hi Gary

 I have had webers on my car for 3 years now. The tractability around town
is
 excellent. I can just tonk along at 1500prm in top even though I have a
 70/30 cam.

 You can certainly run a 10:1 compression or more on your premium pump gas.
 When my car was in US for the Healey Challenge in 2005 it had no problem
but
 at that time I was still on twin 2" SUs.

 The difference is amazing. Before on SUs, the engine would rev willingly to
 6000rpm but power would drop off after 5500rpm. Now it wants to keep on
 revving past 6000rpm still on the power. I don't go past 6000rpm as I still
 a standard crank and use an electronic rev limited to ensure that is the
 case.

The webers certainly give more punch out of corners and are ideal for my use
in Tarmac Rallying.

For circuit racing where everying is supposd to be nice and smooth and
flowing triple SUs are excellent. Just ask Jeff Jonck.

 Can't advise re the consumption as I haven't worried about it.

 I have only one proviso. I strongly recommend that you use webers from the
 period the cars were built. Either 45DCOE 13s or 45DCOE 9s. I started with
 brand new webers that were 45DCOE 152s and the progression holes in the
body
 of the carby are not adequate for the characteristics of the Healey engine.
 I have recently purchased 45DCOE 13s and had them rebuilt.

 Are you installing the webers in a LHdrive car? The length of the intake
 runners and webers foul the pedal box and you need the longest intake
 runners you can get.

 I hope this info helps your decision making.

 regards

 John Rowe
1959 3000
Perth