[Healeys] Tube Shock Conversion

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tube Shock Conversion
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:48:45 -0400
To  those who are thinking of replacing your shocks.  I highly recommend
trying Udo's Billstein Conversion Kit.  I have had the original shocks in
the car since I purchased it from the original owner in 1969.  I top up the
shock oil every spring.  There were no significant leaks.

I installed the conversion kit this summer and the difference was
unbelievable.  With the original Armstrong shocks, whenever I went over a
slight bump, the BJ8 literally jumped halfway across the road.  Now the car
is very solid and I am not concerned that it will jump across the road when
I drive somewhat spirited.  I highly recommend the conversion and am upset
with myself for waiting so long to do it.

Mark Goodman
www.austinhealeyessence.com