[Healeys] Upholstery Glue

To: "'AustinHealey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Upholstery Glue
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:07:46 -0500
Hi Folks,

I am trying to work on recovering my seats and can't seem to find a good
upholstery cement that is strong enough.  I am trying to follow the Moss
video for my front seat bottom covers, but the contact cement that I have
been able to find just isn't strong enough to hold the flat, pleated part of
the seat cover down when I pull the sides over.  I have a quart of the no
longer available Moss adhesive but can't find it in storage.  Moss doesn't
sell the good stuff anymore...EPA regulations.

So, what is everyone using these days besides 5 gallons worth of the 3M Trim
and Vinyl Top adhesive?

Thanks,
Chris
BJ8