[Healeys] Inquiry

To: caahc@yahoogroups.com, healeys@autox.team.net, oldzenith@netzero.net
Subject: [Healeys] Inquiry
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:14:53 EST
I received the below inquiry from an owner of a 1964 3000 and not having  any
experience with overdrives I pass it along to the list.  Please respond  to
Dave at the email copied above.

Best--Michael Oritt
I am trying to remove the overdrive unit from the gear box. I have removed
the adapter to gearbox nuts and the adapter to overdrive nuts with no help and
in addition the when releasing the overdrive to adapter spring tension studs
the  two stayed together. Is there any other thing that has to be done to
remove the  overdrive unit? I did notice that the end of the output drive shaft

was peened over like it had been pounded on by previous work done to  it. I
have also cut all around the flanges with a razor blade to break the seal  of
the
gasket and there is about a 1/16 gap at both flanges with no further
movement.

Thanks for any info, Dave Stampler

Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)