[Healeys] Two questions

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Two questions
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:42:56 -0800
Hello, Healeyphiles -

I'm posing questions for two BJ8 owners who are not on the list.  I'm sure
someone out there has the answers.

1.  On a drive with ambient temperature about 40 F, tachometer was reading
low.  Whenever the turn signal was turned on, the tach needle would drop to
zero when the turn signal flashed, then bounce back up.  Same thing would
happen when brakes were applied and released.   The problem seemed to
disappear when the engine warmed up.  Since the turn signals, brake lights,
and tachometer have a common power source at the green wire connections to
the top fuse, I recommended that the owner look at these connections.
Everything seemed to be O.K. there.   I suspect an internal tach problem,
but wanted to get some input from the list in case there is something I'm
missing or someone has seen this problem before.

2.  Anyone know what the free distance is on the BJ8 rear leaf springs?

Thanks!

Steve Byers

HBJ8L/36666

BJ8 Registry