Re: [Healeys] AH 100 bodyline

To: 'Greg Lemon' <glemon@neb.rr.com>, 'Alan Seigrist' <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] AH 100 bodyline
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:43:53 +0100
Alan, Greg, Rich,

Many thanks for your help & comments. I may be wrong, but I think the reason
for all the filler is the fact, that the rear fenders were replaced by the
PO by original fenders he bought in the 70ies from Sport & Classics for
horrendous amount of money. They were probably original, sold as spares, so
not really usable on any car assembled in the factory... :-)

The other problem there is, is that the body guy who did this job in the 70s
has actually welded the rear fender to the door shut pillar instead of using
the screws...

There is no sagging on the doors, and there seems to be no filler on the top
of the door. I have no idea at this point why do the doors go up at the end,
but hope my body guy will know... :-)  He is the oldest one in town, and in
the very early days of his career he was able to make a fender for a VW
Beetle from a straight sheet of metal.. So, although it's dim, I see a light
in the tunnel: with help & knowledge from the list I am confident I will get
the job right..

Many thanks for all help!..

Tadek