Re: [Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars

To: dcongleton@embarqmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:24:50 EST
I'd say a 2% drop in the Austin-Healey would fall into the normal range of
error in almost any survey.  While Ferrari and other very high dollar cars  may
suffer a large drop they also enjoyed a very fast and high run up in  value.
I still have customers that are looking for good quality  cars.  Maybe not a
$100K trailer queen but a $40K to $50K nice driver is  still in demand.
Besides, most people I know would rather be able to go  out into the garage and
put
their hands on some of that wealth or even take it  for a spin.  Tough to do
with stocks & bonds that are controlled by a  select few high powered trading
houses.

Obviously just my 2 cents but their are quite a few I know that share this
feeling.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua