Re: [Healeys] Battery charger recommendations

To: "'Healey Bruce'" <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>, <tld6008@mchsi.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Battery charger recommendations
From: "Skip Saunders" <tfsbj7@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:14:15 -0500
Unlike modern cars, our Healeys don't have much leakage current due to
extraneous computing devices...  Consequently, you probably don't need to
worry about chargering unless the car is going to sit for many months.
Personally, I'm always surprised (and pleased) that my Gladys (BJ8) starts
up every springtime without any worries at all.   Her battery is about 5yrs
old now, and it seems to not have any problem with starting the car after a
5 month winter "vacation".   If I were worried about it, I'd just use the
battery disconnect during the winter months, but I tend to ignore it.....
(perhaps I should knock on wood?)

But if you are talking "several weeks".... I'm sure you shouldn't need to
worry about a charger...

Skip
BJ8 - 40974
BJ7 - 23753