Re: [Healeys] Web addresses and Tinyurls

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Web addresses and Tinyurls
From: m.brouillette@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 18:12:22 +0000
I thought I would send to all a small conversation with someone who wants to
remain nameless.  I thought it was worth sharing...

Mike B
59 BT7

Hi xx,

               Life is too short to get paranoid, but you need to be aware.
With today's technology, if you are not using one of the top security software,
I could, without you knowing drop a piece of code ithru a web window with you
never being the wiser that could:

.  track all your keystrokes, and send them back top me giving me access to
bank accounts, passwords and everything else you've done today.
.  take over your computer and run an illegal business (happened at a company I
worked at)
.  start broadcasting spam emails without you knowing till you get all the
complaints and your ISP shuts your account off as a known spammer

I could go on and on about this stuff and what's possible, but let's just say
that the security software like Norton, Mcafee etc does a good job of catching
most of this nasty stuff, but it needs to be running and kept up to date.

BTW, Google's new browser is a great product.  Don't shy away from it because
it's from Google...

From: someone who wants to remain nameless