Re: [Healeys] Trunk / boot hinges

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trunk / boot hinges
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:34:03 +0000
Guys

Many thanks for the replies: but if I had said Rich had done my car I guess
you would not question his left from right.

Lets just say Phil does the bodywork on Dennis Welches personal cars, I guess
you know who he is!

Take a look at my pictures and I you may notice all of the back end was
removed and notice the trial fitting of the hood frame / windscreen to check
the hood brackets were put on in the right place, and on a cellette jig, he
has been doing Healeys most of his life.

What I was trying to say is that the boot and shroud have very complex
external curves in several planes, hence you need some play in the hinges to
accomodate the difference in shrouds that were welded in several pieces on
original manufacturer, we all look at the reproduction hinges and say they are
crap, but you do need a LITTLE play!!

I will ask Phil if he dresses on the left or right hand side next time I see
him :)
Just trying to share experiences!

Andy