Re: [Healeys] Electric

To: <wlldbl@aol.com>, <keithbailey5@bigpond.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Electric
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:20:41 +0000
I guess what you are asking about is the inrush current when the starter is
activated. I think that would be in the neighborhood of 150 to 200 amps, but
that is instantaneous and quickly falls back to the 50 - 60 amp range for
cranking. Any moderately sized battery cable will be adequate for this use,
but, because of the length, the larger the better. I'm running some 2 AWG
multi-strand copper that was left over from a radiology installation. No
problem with voltage drop, but it's so flexible it takes additional p-clips to
hold it in place.Bill Lawrence> From: WLLDBL@aol.com> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008
23:30:39 -0500> To: keithbailey5@bigpond.com; Healeys@autox.team.net> Subject:
Re: [Healeys] Electric> > Keith>  > That particular amperage spec. may be hard
to come by.   3/4" for  a starter > cable> seems incredibly large.   Any
standard battery-type cable should  be plenty > big.>  > Doug>  >
**************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and >
favorite sites in one place.  Try it now. >
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom000000
http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys@autox.team.net>
ynotink@msn.com> > http://www.team.net/archive