Re: [Healeys] Holes in Frame Rails

To: <bspidell@comcast.net>, <linsley46@gmail.com>, <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Holes in Frame Rails
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:06:34 +0000
Bob

Yes my bj8 also had about 6 larger holes plugged with rubber bungs, they had
kind of melted when I pulled them out. We reused the holes as well as drilling
extras to inject waxoyl after the chassis was repaired.> From:
bspidell@comcast.net> To: linsley46@gmail.com; rjswain@hotmail.com> Date: Wed,
17 Dec 2008 17:42:29 +0000> CC: healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys]
Holes in Frame Rails> > Speaking of holes, my BJ8 has a few (apparently)
factory-installed holes in the frame rails. These would make sense for
drainage, but they're (supposed to be) plugged with rubber plugs. But, our BN2
does not have these holes--anyone know why? BMC's idea of a chassis lightening
program? Do others' BJX cars have them (could be someone drilled them, but
they look "factory")?> > > bs> > -->
San Jose, CA bspidell@comcast.net> '67 Austin-Healey 3000 '56 Austin-Healey
-------------- Original message ----------------------> From: "John McElrath"
<linsley46@gmail.com>> > I would appreciate the same information along with
the distance between them> > and the inside rail corner so I can put them in
the proper place. My new> > frame doesn't have them either and the original
frame has more holes than> > Swiss cheese.> > Thanks> > John> > 61 BN7 MK II>