Re: [Healeys] Logic Control

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Logic Control
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:59:26 -0800 (PST)
Garys question referred to fitting his BJ8 with Logic Control to prevent
damage from reverse being selected while the overdrive is engaged.

So what does the interrupter switch do that is already fitted to the Austin
Healey with overdrive?

In an article earlier this year, Gary Hemphill wrote: BN2 through the BJ8
models have an interrupter switch that will allow the overdrive to only
engage in 3rd and 4th gear.  This also serves as a safety device to keep the
OD from being engaged in reverse.  It seems as though the inners of the
overdrive do not like turning backwards.  See: http://tinyurl.com/8j7ws2  or
 http://capitalhealeys.org/Assets/Miscellaneous/HHR%20pdfs/hhr_May_08.pdf

>From everything I have read and been told, if this interrupter switch
malfunctions then DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR CAR INTO REVERSE WHILE IN OVERDRIVE.
You will experience a BIG BANG.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

--- On Sat, 12/20/08, Rich Chrysler <richchrysler@quickclic.net> wrote: << I
just went to the site and read about it. If I read it right, it kills the o/d
if you change gears....so you can't go from 3rd over to 4th over? When I drive
a BN1 I usually go 1st, 2nd, 2nd o/d, then right to 3rd o/d. I wouldn't want
some idiot control device kicking the o/d out between those gear changes. >>