Re: [Healeys] Travel decals

To: Warthodson@aol.com, allynrichardson@cox.net, healey list
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Travel decals
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:32:51 -0500
Allyn & Gary,
You aren't the only ones out there looking for these.  There is someone
who is a vendor at the Hershey Fall Meet that sells reproductions of
these.  There is also an old late forties or early fifties restored
Chevy Suburban that is at Hershey every year and is set up like a
fisherman's travel vehicle that has them all over the rear side
windows.  Many of those are original to the vehicle, but some are
repros.  Keep looking on the net because I know they are out there
someplace.  It may be worth buying a copy of Hemmings or going to their
website and searching there.
Charlie

Warthodson@aol.com wrote:
> I have begun to look for those decals while on trips, too. I have found a
> few at such places as national parks, but they seem to be harder to find in
> general. For example, we were at Conclave 2008 in San Diego & I never  found
> San Diego window decal.
> Gary Hodson
>

> In a message dated 12/27/2008 10:29:22 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> allynrichardson@cox.net writes:
>
> Any one  remember years ago seeing all those family station wagons on the
> road piled  full of kids and gear with the decals of all the places they had
> taken a  road trip to plastered on the back window  ? I recently have got  the
> "road trip bug" and can't locate any of those decals to mark my back  window
> with a badge of "been there, done that". Anyone know a source?  Haven't done
> an internet search yet, thought I would ask  first.
>
> Allyn
> Healeys@autox.team.net
>
> You  are subscribed as  warthodson@aol.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive
>

> **************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail,
> Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.
>
>(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)
>
> You are subscribed as mgcharlie@comcast.net
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]