Re: [Healeys] Rights to Material in AH Magazine and Healey.org

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rights to Material in AH Magazine and Healey.org
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:25:26 EST
In a message dated 1/1/09 10:16:27 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Just wondering if copying and distributing these article, even or free,
> violates any copyrights.
>
> Ron
> (non-attorney but very familiar with copyright of intellectual property)

Legally, yes, we could pursue copyright issues, since the magazine and its
content is copyrighted, owned by the author and protected by the magazine's
copyright. However, as you might guess, it's unlikely that we ever would, so we
rely on folks' own ethical values to protect the material.
Since there are significant expenses associated with publication of the
magazine and maintenance of the website that can only be recovered by
membership
dues, we really would prefer that those who find this material useful can
allocate less than half a percent of their restoration budget to pay for their
membership in AHCUSA each year.
Cheers
Gary
(this opinion is my own, and does not necessarily represent that of the
officers of AHCUSA)