Re: [Healeys] front muffler mounting point (Bt7)

To: "Simon & Christine Atkinson" <satkinson7314@charter.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] front muffler mounting point (Bt7)
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:06:05 -0500
Simon,

The front muffler mount does not fasten to the outrigger. It is fastened to
the driver's floor board, behind the outrigger, with two bolts 5/16"
diameter by about 1" long, that sit side by side, whose hex heads will be
inside the car, under the carpet underlay and tar paper lamination. Under
the car, these will hold the front metallastic exhaust mount with
lockwashers and nuts.
Sorry I don't have that model in the shop at the moment (any six cylinder
model except the BJ8) so I can't give you any location dimensions. However
if you assemble the complete system loosely so you can make small
adjustments to everything it will soon become obvious where the mounting
bolts need to be.

Rich Chrysler