Re: [Healeys] Dunlap Wire Wheel repairs

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dunlap Wire Wheel repairs
From: "F. Ronald Rader" <f.ronald.rader@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:50:12 -0800
Was he going to true each wheel?
And balance?
And shave the tires to roundness?

I bought four new tires and four new wheels (from a well know source
that guaranteed they would be perfect) for my E type last year. I had
to have each of the tires un mounted the rims trued, the wheels
balanced.

One wheel could not be trued and was sent back. After having four
trued and balanced rims we added four new Michelin tires,

In order to make them as close to perfect as possible we had to shave
a little off of the tires  they were not round.

Might be worth it.

The best was James at Boronni, but alas he is gone.

ron rader
Playa del Rey, CA