Re: [Healeys] Window nylon guides for BJ8

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Window nylon guides for BJ8
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:55:06 -0500
The "instructions" that came with the Moss glazing rubber (P/N 680-307) I
purchased to install the window glass in my BJ8 indicated (as far as I could
make out from the broken English) that the rubber was supposed to be wiped
down with petroleum to cause the rubber to swell and grip the glass.
Neither gasoline nor motor oil had any effect on the stuff over several days
of experimentation and it wouldn't hold the glass at all, so I gave up and
took the glass and frames to my local glass shop.  They installed the new
guides, modern glazing strips, glass, and reassembled the frames for 7 bucks
each.  I believe Moss's price for each rubber strip alone was 9 bucks.

I see that Moss isn't offering the rubber strips anymore.  Good riddance.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA