Re: [Healeys] Roadster windshield new glass installation - Part 2

To: Charley Braum <cbaustin@verizon.net>, healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Roadster windshield new glass installation - Part 2
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:53:13 -0500
Charley,
Was what you got partially vulcanized?  That was a very important
difference because the rubber would not spring back to its original flat
shape and sealed itself at the joints.  The cutting was also much easier
than totally vulcanized rubber.
Charlie

Charley Braum wrote:
>     Another alternative on the rubber is to go to your local glass
> shop - they usually have 3 or 4 different thicknesses, in rolls, which
> are useful for various projects - and really inexpensive (at least at
> my local shop). I just get 10-12 feet of each size, when I need some,
> for a couple dollars.
>
>     Later,
>
>                                                                 CB

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]