[Healeys] Need help with door panel retaining clips and

To: "'healey list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Need help with door panel retaining clips and
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:14:12 -0600
Fellow Healeyoids,
I'm having a difficult time trying to find out where these little green
panel clips go on my 63 BJ7.  I'm in the middle of putting the Heritage door
panels on and I have the inner door panel on first now I need to put the
outer panel on.  I have a plastic bag of about 18 little green clips, the
book calls them cup retainers or something like that.  Anyway, I have maybe
one or two holes on the lower part of the door that would even fit a clip.
There are NO other holes on my door that would hold the clip.  I thought
that the outer panel was screwed to the door with little #6 or #8 screws and
cup washers anyway??????

Also, I got my weather-stripping attached for the door.  Prior to attaching
the strip, I did have the door opening and closing smooth as butter and gaps
looking very good.  Now everything looks like sh*t.  I have to slam the door
t get it to latch.  I have monkeyed around with the latch position and bent
the little metal flange that hold the weather-strip inward.  It is very
slightly better but still looks like hell and I have to slam and push on the
door.  The weather-strip does not appear to be binding anywhere.  Thanks in
advance!

Randy

Healey-Archaeologist
63 BJ7