[Healeys] speedo cable

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] speedo cable
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:20:34 -0500
Hi all,

When I got my speedo back from Nisonger after they repaired it, there was a
notation on the invoice that they found some gearbox oil in the speedo head
which may have contributed to its demise.  I have read warnings about over
lubricating inner cables to prevent this and have always been careful (or so
I thought).  I also know there is suppossed to be a seal on the cable to
prevent oil from running up the cable into the speedo head, but I am unsure
what it looks like or where exactly it goes.  Is there a seal at both ends?

Could someone enlighten me on this and perhaps suggest a source for the
seals or describe how one could be made.

Mirek
60 BT7