[Healeys] Driving in Winter

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Driving in Winter
From: "gary brierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:26:49 -0500
Back when I could tolerate the cold, BJ8 #1 was my daily driver throughout
Illinois and Utah in the early '60's.  I remember getting stopped by
waist-deep snow on my way down some country roads to my brother's house one
Christmas.  My mother (in her 50's) and I walked the last mile or so carrying
Christmas presents.  Brother pulled me free with a tractor, chain around the
front frame cross member! Many other trips in snow/ice were made without
incident.  I stayed away from salted roads, which one could do back then by
using country blacktops.  Let the first one go (foolishly) in Utah in '67;
later replaced it with another  new BJ8 in late '67.  It "disappeared" when my
first child appeared.

GB and my 4th BJ8: the Silver Bullet #40045 (acquired 11/1996)  licensed
"RSATLAST"