Re: [Healeys] [Jensen-cars] Wiper rack lubricant

To: peteb01 <peteb01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [Jensen-cars] Wiper rack lubricant
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:11:42 +0100
Pete,
So I noticed. Well, my English may be reasonable, but it has some
serious flaw's, as is now demonstrated.
Be carefull with MoS2 and graphite in the transmission. It is an
absolute no-no in limited slip diff's and wet clutches (e.g. OD boxes,
synchromesh/baulk rings, motorbikes).
I used it when running in engines, which will horrify many, with very
good results. The running in lasts much longer, typical ca. 10.000km
with machining at modern (thus tight) tolerances and needs lots of
discipline, but you will have a gem of an engine if done properly.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL