[Healeys] thermal Choke Change-over

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] thermal Choke Change-over
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:45:08 EST
In a message dated 1/26/09 8:47:03 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Nope and confirmed by chassis and body number plates which indicate car was
> built before they were used
> Richard of KY
> BN7 440

Actually, the change numbers aren't exact. The change began in November 1959
at e. 29D/6369 intermittently, and by e.29D/6395 all engines had the new carb
system. The parts manual indicates that the change in the interior was made on
the BN7s at C.5235 , but my car is HBN7L5229 and it has the choke installed
in the dashboard. Apparently the change to carbs and interior was made before
they had used up all old engine blocks, however: my engine does have a blanking
plate on the engine block, where the thermal sensor would have gone. This is
why I know that they were still using the old engine blocks when they made the
change-over in the carb and choke set-up.
Cheers
Gary

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)