[Healeys] Gasoline

To: "'HealeyMail List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Gasoline
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:42:50 -0800
Having spent 30 years w/ Chevron, I make the following comment.  Gasoline is
a generic product.  The big difference is in the additive package that is
added to the gasoline when it is pumped into the transport truck for
delivery to the branded service station.  The tank truck loading rack has
the ability to put what ever additive package the buyer wants into the
product.  To the best of my knowledge, the additive package is specified by
the owner of the brand name that is going to receive the gasoline. If the
buyer does not specify an additive package, you get the plain generic
gasoline.  Therefore, what you get from the pump at brand X could be quite
diferent from what you get at brand Y, even though it came from the same

John Snyder