Re: [Healeys] no compression 100

To: Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] no compression 100
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:40:51 +0100
You do not!
It could be that that is all that is needed, but you have to investigate
if a warped head or block may be the cause.
When the head is removed, check that both the head and the block are
absolutely true. Best to have both surfaces machined / skimmed as it is
likely that the head has been removed and the head gasket replaced a
number of times during the last 40/50 years, which makes warping of one
or the other quite likely.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL