Re: [Healeys] Gear reduction starter installation saga continues

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gear reduction starter installation saga continues
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:56:29 -0800 (PST)
I spent the afternoon tinkering with the starter and got it clocked so that it
cleared the passenger toe box and the engine block. The top bolt no problem but
the bottom bolt not so good there is very little room for the nut to fit
between the starter motor and and the mounting tab. I should clarify that the
nut will just fit but not the nut and the lock washer. I am thinking of finding
a thinner nut that will fit with the lock washer. Any ideas suggestions would
be greatly apprciated.
Jorge Garcia
1965 BJ8