Re: [Healeys] Item on ebay

To: "'M Lempert'" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>, "'Alan Seigrist'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Item on ebay
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:22:28 -0500
Mike,

I cannot verify if it is a true signature from Sir Sterling as that is not
important to me, but it has been in his shop for over 15 years. You are
obviously well versed on his signature, as you have several items that bear
that.

Concerning his ebay history, I know that this is a new experience for him.
I have told him for the past 5 years to start moving his inventory on ebay,
and with everyone's business activities being slow these days, he probably
has some time now to sell some of his "stockpile".  Probably the buy it now
feature was chosen because he has not had much experience at the ebay game.
He is an honest man and has always treated me fairly in any work that he has
done on my Healey and any parts that I have purchased from him. He has an
image of himself with Donald Healey next to the BJ8 he had in the 70's along
with a signed letter from Donald.  He is well respected in the Vintage
Racing field and is very much involved in VSCCA and the Northeast Jaguar
Club.  You do not gain that from misbehaving or doing dishonest deals.

Mark