Re: [Healeys] 100 Mystery

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Mystery
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:44:11 -0500
Hi Bob,

If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if there are any
other sealing pieces used to seal the pedal holes in the driver's side
toeboard panel? In addition to the pedals arcing approximately through the
middle of the two holes, the rubber sealing pads are affixed to the little
metal locator plates welded to the pedal stalks, and with both pedals under
return spring pressure when at rest, these approx. 1/2" thick rubber pads do
a reasonably effective job of sealing the holes. In addition, the under
felts and carpets in the toeboard area are glued in place and have quite
snug fitting clearance slots to the pedal stalks, just enough clearance so
they don't drag when in motion. Finally, this location is actually quite
protected from any splask or road grime, being well up behind the inner
wheel arch.
I've driven a lot of Hundreds, some appreciable distances, and leakage of
air or moisture has not been an issue here.

Rich Chrysler