Re: [Healeys] Another engine rebuild

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Another engine rebuild
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:59:36 +0100
Many thanks to all responded to my Tricarb engine question.
Consensus seems that there is no big difference in power output using the
standard cam or the BJ8 one. I first thought the BJ8 one will set more horses
free. So I will do the rebuild with what I have, dynamic balancing the
crankshaft together with damper, flywheel and clutch assembly. I do not want
to lighten the flywheel, as this would be a one way road and I like to keep
original parts in genuine shape. Maybe that give me less responsive engine, as
with lightened flywheel, but I am not a racer. So can live with that.
Thanks again to all suggestions.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----