Re: [Healeys] Getting decent quality parts

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Getting decent quality parts
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:58:22 -0500
Gary,

I quite agree with what the Moss fellow said about most Healey owners being
"cheap". I know it's a terribly generalized statement, which in itself can
be dangerous especially on a list like this where all "levels" of enthusiast
resides.
However, I've seen and experienced all too often where I'll try to find and
lead the person to the "right" part, not because they asked, but because I
happen to know they'll be needing it (stupid me), only to have them turn up
their nose at it figuring they'll somehow find it cheaper somewhere else,
even if it's made of unobtanium!
Or the owner will be told where to find the best or the correct part, but
they'll ignore the advise only to try to find it cheaper from a source whose
part I know and tell them is inferior. They'll save a dime at the outset,
only to struggle with the inferior part and regret it later.
A learning curve in what is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby? I suppose so,
but if the vendor can sell the junk all day long to the ignorant, how can we
expect the vendor or the manufacturer to invest money to tool up something
that's proper and correct?

Rich Chrysler