Re: [Healeys] 100M on Ebay

To: <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, <gardner5@comcast.net>, <atightprod@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100M on Ebay
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 04:53:13 +0000
> I am very familiar with this car from the 1990 Team Healey Challenge Series.
To call this a "racecar" is a bit of a stretch. Although it was entered in a
number of events, maybe even all of the them, it was always dead ass last. I
do know that Bob "Kermit" Wilson and I were the only two that raced in the
MeadowBrook Historics (Waterford Hills, Michigin) in August, 1990. This was
one of the original events on the itinerary that somehow got dropped in the
weeks leading up to it. In my case, coming from Oregon, I never got the memo.
Apparently, Bob didn't either. The main reason I remember him being there is
because he broke his transmission and I saw him, with help from some others,
rebuidling that transmission on the taligate of a pickup truck in the paddock.
Richard Mayor