Re: [Healeys] Tiers Tires which Tires

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>, Brad Fornal
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tiers Tires which Tires
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 06:09:27 -0800
Interesting that the Pirellis have a larger diameter, and much larger
cross-section than the Michelins, Avons or Vredesteins. My 185/70R Vreds
barely fit--I get a little rubbing on the bumper box bolts in the rear
on hard cornering--but I run 6" rims.

Bob

Alan Seigrist wrote:

> I run the 185/70R15 Vredesteins on my Healey, and they are excellent tires.
> But recently Longstone brought back the Pirelli CN36 in 185/70R15 ... at a
> pretty good price - I would buy the Pirellis if I hadn't just purchased the
> Vredesteins:
>

>http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/search.php?searchMethod=term&searchTerm=590+X+15

> Cheers,
>
> Alan
>
> '52 A90
> '53 BN1
> '64 BJ8
>

> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Ray Carbone <racarbon@optonline.net> wrote:
>

>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> Forgot to mention, I am running 72 spoke Chromes.  Thanks for the question.
>>

>> All the best,
>>

>> Ray

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -
Henry Ford