Re: [Healeys] Amazing technology

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Amazing technology
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:26:14 -0600
<<From what I understand of sand casting, using the original part would make
a new part that is too small. As the metal cools after solidifying, it
contracts. Each type of metal has a different characteristic.>>

Which WOULD explain how Overriders and Bumpers got 'reduced', Greg.

I think Roger Moment fist pointed the diffs out to me WITH actual
sizes.  Perhaps Richard Gordon (Lister) could ask and post the info???

As I am sure David & Norman Nock will attest to, there ARE a number
of LBC (I deal with more than just Healeys<G>) parts where this
situation crops up<F>.

Ed
Please visit MY site at:                www.justbrits.com