Re: [Healeys] Films: Healeys in On the Beach

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Films: Healeys in On the Beach
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:06:46 EST
In a message dated 2/23/09 8:51:44 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> How about the race scene at the end of "On the Beach" which takes place
> down under.
> Bob
> BN1

Great racing scenes filmed in California, and Astaire committing suicide in
my idea of the appropriate way to bring a desired end to one's life.
Also remember that the Gregory Peck's love interest in Oz drives a 100-six
without the heater option. In one scene they arrive at a country inn in pouring
rain, with the side curtains and top on. In the penultimate scene, she is
standing next to the car with the top stowed, while she watches the submarine
head
under the bridge (was this Sydney? I can't remember) and out to sea. If you
freeze frame and zoom in, you can see that where there would normally be a
heater control panel, there's just an Austin-Healey trim panel. (This is what
concours guys do when their wife is reaching for the second Kleenex box.
Cheers
gary