Re: [Healeys] Imports

To: "Drew Philippo, P.E." <dphilippo@gtp-eng.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Imports
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:39:44 +0800
Drew -

Do not import anything into the US using Fed Ex or UPS.  It will
intentionally get held up at customs (protectionist procedure to
support the US post office).

Have them send it to you using Parcel Force (UK Post, but with
tracking numbers) - stuff that comes by post never gets held up in
customs and never gets dutied.

Even if dutied I think the rate is 1% or something silly like that.

I do it ALL the time.

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device