[Healeys] Questions on Big Healey Rally Light set up

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Questions on Big Healey Rally Light set up
From: "James Sailer" <bj8Healey@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:27:04 -0700
Greetings all,

My last request for information didn't get me too far so I have done some more
research and have some more pointed questions which maybe there will be some
some base knowledge out there.   I am putting driving lights on my BJ8.  To
date I have gotten as far as having in hand a set of the Cape International
light brackets. The correct period lights appear to be the Lucas SFT 700 Fog
and SLR 700 flamethrower (I have also seen SLR 700S but do not know the
difference). I have also seen a few photos of period cars with CIBIE lights
but it seems uncommon.  While I want to have a period look I am also looking
for utility.

1.  It seems from some information that cars were set up with one of each of
the lights (fog and driving) identified above.  Does anyone know if this was
done regularly?

2.  I am also looking for the correct lights referenced above.  Can anyone
recommend a good source for them?

3.  I have found no information concerning a premade wiring loom (harness) for
installation of lights.  Does anyone know of such?

Thanks in advance:

Jim Sailer
66 BJ8