Re: [Healeys] new clutch -non healey

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new clutch -non healey
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:56:12 +1100
G'day

This has nothing to do with Austin-Healeys but it does show how things
have become and also how I assisted the US Balance of Payments.

When was the last time you bought a pair of shoes? For work I usually
wear a pair of black leather business shoes. These days in Australia
unless you want to spend a zillion dollars most are either made in
India, China or Fiji. They have composite or man-made soles which tend
to split after about 6 months.

So when in North America last August I was determined to find a pair of
full-leather shoes. The sales assistant in Macys, San Francisco was
helpful, but wanted to sell me a pair of composite shoes made in China.

Eventually we were in Kamloops, Canada and wandered into a shoe store. I
walked out with a pair of full leather shoes made in the US with the
brand name of Dexter.

So be thankful that I helped the US and Canadian Balance of Payments.
Think of how far worse your economy would be if I didn't buy those
shoes.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia