[Healeys] Carb gas leak

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Carb gas leak
From: "kaynmike.bham@juno.com" <kaynmike.bham@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 19:26:08 GMT
--===============1818309154==

----__JWM__J3dc2.5a29S.5d75M

(I'm the guy with the blown head gasket-no I'm still building courage to=
 take the head off -almost there.) My son's AN5 has a healthy fuel leak =
at the back carb. Details: new fuel pump and all fuel delivery hoses a c=
ouple of weeks ago. Put 20-30- miles on the job, everything looked / fel=
t great.Parked it and yesterday jumped in, fired (uummmm-a poor choice o=
f words) it up and after a few seconds running, it died. A cursory inves=
tigation reveald a flowing out of the rear carb overflow pipe. We figure=
d it was something stuck in the float chamber, so we popped the top off =
the bowl and everything looked good to us small -amounts of very fine se=
diment in the bottom of the bowl-nothing too weird. Jiggled the carb and=
 intoned threatening words directed toward the gods of carb. Put it back=
 together, fired right up  and for a few seconds- no problem. Then the d=
eluge returned. Substantial  amounts of gas on the floor. Shut 'er down.=
 He's edgy as the sun is coming out. Any ideas?
This list is fantastic.        Mike Gougeon  56BN2 (AN5)

----__JWM__J3dc2.5a29S.5d75M

ourage to take the head off -almost there.) My son's AN5 has a healthy f=
uel leak at the back carb. Details: new fuel pump and all fuel delivery =
hoses a couple of weeks ago. Put 20-30- miles on the job, everything loo=
ked / felt great.Parked it and yesterday jumped in, fired (uummmm-a poor=
 choice of words) it up and after a few seconds running, it died. A curs=
ory investigation reveald a flowing out of the rear carb overflow pipe. =
We figured it was something stuck in the float chamber, so we popped the=
 top off the bowl and everything looked good to us small -amounts of ver=
y fine sediment in the bottom of the bowl-nothing too weird. Jiggled the=
 carb and intoned threatening words directed toward the gods of carb. Pu=
t it back together, fired right up&nbsp; and for a few seconds- no probl=
em. Then the deluge returned. Substantial&nbsp; amounts of gas on the fl=
oor. Shut 'er down. He's edgy as the sun is coming out. Any ideas?</P>
<P>This list is fantastic.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mik=
e Gougeon&nbsp; 56BN2 (AN5)</P></html>

----__JWM__J3dc2.5a29S.5d75M--