Re: [Healeys] Tires

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires
From: "Dallas Congleton" <dcongleton@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:22:11 -0400
The set of four Power Star 758 Kumho 165/80R 15  that I purchased in
December were made in China in Aug 2008.
The tires have very crisp molding detail in both the markings and the
treads, and even come with a red dot opposite the valve location to assist
in balance for the tire installer . They are performing very well on the
car.
I really didn't buy these in preference over any other brand,  or just to
save a few bucks - I just didn't have much choice in our size range.

Incidentally, I read where Ford Motor company released a contract last year
to China for a couple hundred thousand Kumho tires to be used on the Taurus.
The company must be meeting at least OEM quality.

Dallas
1967 BJ8