Re: [Healeys] Registration fees

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Registration fees
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:47:03 -0400
TW wrote:
 >  In Maine, every year we pay an excise tax on our cars.  Excise tax is based
 > on the car's original value less depreciation over time, so the excise on a
 > 40 year old Healey is reasonable..
 >
 > For folks in New Hampshire and South Carolina, how do those states handle
 > vintage car registration?

In NH, as in ME, with regular cars there is also an excise tax based on the
car's original price. But it hits a minimum off after some years (10 or 15).
In NH, there is no sales tax, so the excise tax you pay may be a little higher
than in ME. There is still a registration fee for the plates, and an inspection,
and insurance.

NH does have registration and plates for antique cars, but my BN2 has been
off the road so long I don't know what the fees or restrictions are.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2