[Healeys] Tulip Rally

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Tulip Rally
From: "Peter Hunt" <peter@easterton.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:41:28 -0000
The Dutch Tulip Rally (as we all know, Holland grows millions of tulips) was
held in late spring and proved very popular with private entrants.

There were no cash prizes but the organisers presented beautiful hand-made
silver tulip clusters for first, second and third places in the class, these
unique awards becoming prized possessions.

This event was famed for its clear and concise "tulip" route cards. Austin
Healeys consistantly did very well in The Tulip Rallies.

I assume that BMC came up with their Tulip gearbox for this rally.

Thanks go to Peter Browing's book The Works Big Healeys.

Peter Hunt